Memcache reset on rails 2.3 with preload

Clifton King cliftonk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:48:22 EST 2011

I opt to use this gem: https://github.com/fauna/memcached

I use the following settings in my environment:

  $memcached         = Memcached::Rails.new(cache_server,
                                            :namespace       => "os-",
                                            :tcp_nodelay     => true,
  # disable nagle algorithm
                                            :no_block        => true)
  # dont block on writes

ActionController::Base.cache_store                = :mem_cache_store, $memcached
  $session_memcached = Memcached::Rails.new(cache_server,
                                            :namespace       => "os-",
                                            :tcp_nodelay     => true,
  # disable nagle algorithm
                                            :no_block        => true)
  ActionController::Base.cache_store                =
:mem_cache_store, $memcached
  ActionController::Base.session_store              = :mem_cache_store
  ActionController::Base.session_options[:cache]    = $session_memcached

in after_fork i have

$memcached.reset
$session_memcached.reset

Clifton