query string max length tweak ?

Mohit Chawla mohit.chawla.binary at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 15:31:10 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Eric Wong <normalperson at yhbt.net> wrote:
> You can change the following lines in ext/unicorn/global_variables.h
> and rebuild the parser:
> There's currently no way to configure them otherwise, but I can consider
> dropping these per-field limits entirely.  We now have a config option
> to set the maximum header size (only exposed via Rainbows!, though).
> This means we would only care about the size of the entire header, and
> not the size of any individual element.  I consider the size of the
> entire header more important anyways.  We currently don't have
> limits on the number of headers that can be sent.

Thanks a lot, yes I was trying out changing only the QUERY_STRING max
length, but that wasn't working. Will change the REQUEST_URI max
length as well. Also, I am new to using unicorn, hence not aware if
using Rainbows! in this scenario can be achieved/is suggested ? Nice
to know about limiting the entire size header in future releases ( in
prod we are using 1.1.4 ! ).

Also, sorry for the multiple html mails before this !