Request queue length

Eric Wong normalperson at
Sat Feb 26 15:40:00 EST 2011

Troex Nevelin <list at> wrote:
> We've moved to unicorn and I embeded Raindrops as middleware into our
> rails app, now I'm able to get some stats using /_raindrops url:
> calling: 4

This is the number of application dispatchers running.
Should always be <= worker_processes.

> writing: 174

This is the number of clients being written to.  Make sure
Raindrops::Middleware is at the outermost/topmost layer of your
middleware stack (top of  Some other middlewares may
clobber/ignore the #close method.  You should probably contact the
middleware authors and make sure they properly proxy response bodies
that require a close.

Normally, (calling + writing) <= Unicorn worker_processes