[ANN] unicorn 3.4.0 - for people with very big LANs

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Fri Feb 4 16:33:41 EST 2011

* IPv6 support in the HTTP hostname parser and configuration
  language.  Configurator syntax for "listen" addresses should
  be the same as nginx.  Even though we support IPv6, we will
  never support non-LAN/localhost clients connecting to Unicorn.

* TCP_NOPUSH/TCP_CORK is enabled by default to optimize
  for bandwidth usage and avoid unnecessary wakeups in nginx.

* Updated KNOWN_ISSUES document for bugs in recent Ruby 1.8.7
  (RNG needs reset after fork) and nginx+sendfile()+FreeBSD 8.

* examples/nginx.conf updated for modern stable versions of nginx.

* "Status" in headers no longer ignored in the response,
  Rack::Lint already enforces this so we don't duplicate
  the work.

* All tests pass under Ruby 1.9.3dev

* various bugfixes in the (mostly unused) ExecCGI class that
  powers http://bogomips.org/unicorn.git

* http://unicorn.bogomips.org/
* mongrel-unicorn at rubyforge.org
* git://bogomips.org/unicorn.git