Struggling with logrotate and unicorn

Emmanuel Gomez emmanuel.gomez at
Tue Apr 12 19:01:09 EDT 2011

On Apr 12, 2011, at 3:51 PM, Eric Wong wrote:
> Yes, I think most people still deploy and start as non-root
> (Capistrano/Vlad).  But I also distribute init scripts and those
> are usually run as root :x

And it's because of init scripts that I'm running unicorn as root.

> Actually the (usually) user-visible one should be
> Unicorn::Configurator#user which should be in the top-level.
> Worker#user is just the internal call.

Oh, great, I'm glad you pointed that out. Since the worker instance is yielded into the after_fork block, I started looking there. I'll update my config to use the public interface. Also, I'll go correct my github blog post comment, oops.

>> Hey, I can help here. Here's a patch:
> Perhaps this is better? I added a blurb discouraging people from
> running as root in the first place.

Looks great.

> You'll still get credit :)

It's a nothing, I don't need any credit :)