[ANN] unicorn 3.0.0 - disable rewindable input!

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Sat Nov 20 23:05:45 EST 2010

Michael Guterl <mguterl at gmail.com> wrote:
> We've been using Unicorn 1.x very successfully for some time with a
> Rails 2.3 application.  Would you recommend upgrading to Unicorn 3.x?

Yes if you're running a recent Linux (>= 2.6.28), it might help somewhat
with performance (but may not be noticeable with a particular app).
I haven't done extensive benchmarking, but the reduction of syscalls
should help a bit, and newer versions will exploit some of that more.

I don't expect (m)any regressions on recent Linux, and any will be found
and fixed quickly (usually within 24-48 hours).

If you're willing to help iron out portability bugs to other kernels,
then please upgrade and report back :)

On the other hand, if you're going to be losing a lot of
money/users/lives in case of failure, stick to what works for you :)