Issue with unicorn not starting via bluepill?

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Fri Mar 19 04:57:59 EDT 2010

Eric Wong <normalperson at yhbt.net> wrote:
> James Cox <james at imaj.es> wrote:
> > trying to start my unicorn via bluepill, and running into this :

> > master failed to start, check stderr log for details

Both of you:

Was there anything useful in stderr_path?  The daemomized
process can never output to the terminal, so it had to
log somewhere... There's also strace, but looking at the
Unicorn code I haven't been able to find much (I'm very
sleep deprived right now, though).

@Greg: I got through to /v6lUsuzD finally, can you put some
debug statements around your before_fork hook and print out
the pid path name and whether it exists or not?