Unicorn 0.97.0 old master is never dying

ghazel at gmail.com ghazel at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 05:51:55 EDT 2010

I upgraded to Unicorn 0.97.0 from 0.96.1. Unicorn starts fine, but
sending a USR2 to the 0.97.0 master launches a new master and all the
workers, but never kills the old master. The new workers retry binding
their admin TCP ports forever. Killing all the Unicorns and
downgrading to returns peace to the forest.

Here are the before_fork and after_fork from my config/unicorn.rb:
http://codepad.org/5LyVtyq7

Did something change with the Unicorn master in 0.97.0 that would
require a change in my config, or is this a bug?

-Greg