Monit configuration

Florian Munz surf at
Mon Mar 8 17:12:20 EST 2010

Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at> wrote:
> Why do you say that? I use monit to monitorize some forking servers and it
> takes into accoutn of the child processes. The "trick" is telling monit to
> inspect the master process pid (that present unde /var/lib/

Interesting. From the documentation I can't figure out how you can
monitor the children individually though.

I can test for the memory of the master process and I can test the
memory size of master plus all children. But want I want to do is
basically: Sent a QUIT to the child process if its memory size is
greater than 300MB.

- Florian