About new commit "xpath methods can return things other than nodesets"

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Fri Jan 22 10:16:41 EST 2010

Hi, I'm a bit afraid about this recet commit:

  "xpath methods can return things other than nodesets"

In my case I use Nokogiri in a server application which receives Xpath strings
from remote clients and performs such Xpath operation within a XML document
stored in the server.

However I do a strict pre-parsing of the Xpath string so it must have the form
of a "typical" Xpath ("ns1:root/ns2:child/ns2:somenode[@name='lala']").

The server application expects to get a NodeSet after performing the Xpath
operation and evaluates it (empty, number of entries....) by alwasying
inspecting the NodeSet#size method.

Should I care about this new commit? Could occur that Xpath returns something
but a NodeSet in my case?

Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>