Suggestion for reload action (USR2)

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at
Thu Jan 21 06:20:08 EST 2010

El Miércoles, 20 de Enero de 2010, Eric Wong escribió:
> Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at> wrote:
> > El Miércoles, 20 de Enero de 2010, Eric Wong escribió:
> > > While the patch was not needed for this case, inline patches are
> > > strongly preferred here.  Inline patches are far easier to read,
> > > reply-to and apply than attachments.
> >
> > Sure but what about the fixed 80 columns of a mail?
> > Of course I can generate the mail without such constrain, but it doesn't
> > look very cool :)
> For mail, the soft limit is actually closer/around to 72 columns because
> we take quoting into consideration.  But properly configured mailers
> shouldn't care nor enforce this (git-send-email(1) does not).
> es has some good notes on various mailers (I usually use mutt to send
>  one-off patches and git send-email for a series).

This should help you to submit patches inline using KMail.

1) Prepare the patch as a text file.

2) Click on New Mail.

3) Go under "Options" in the Composer window and be sure that
"Word wrap" is not set.

4) Use Message -> Insert file... and insert the patch.

5) Back in the compose window: add whatever other text you wish to the
  514 message, complete the addressing and subject fields, and press send.

Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at>