Issue when sending USR2 too soon

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at
Sat Jan 16 20:52:28 EST 2010

El Domingo, 17 de Enero de 2010, Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:
> Hi, I've realized that if I send USR2 very quicky to master process (each
>  time to the new master process, of course) then sometimes Unicorn just
>  dies totally and returns 0.

Sorry, I'm not sure if it returns 0 or not in such case since I'm doing the
check with a init script which performs the "reload" action by sending USR2 to
master process (which runs in background).

> Not sure, but I think that those times Unicorn receives the USR2 signal
>  prior to load the code in which such signal is handled, could it be?

It makes sense since by default USR2 terminates a Ruby program.

What about if Unicorn very quicky prepares the trap for USR2 so in case it
receives it soon when starting it ignores it (and logs some warning)?
Does it make sense?

Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at>