X-Forwarded-Proto / X_FORWARDED_PROTO

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sat Jan 9 18:45:37 EST 2010

El Domingo, 10 de Enero de 2010, skaar escribió:
> > The Rack (and CGI) specs require that '-' be replaced with '_' for
> > HTTP header names, so Unicorn is doing the correct thing and treating
> > it as the same header.
> but should it aggregate the values?

Hi, review my other response in this thread.

This is undefined. Some headers do allow multiple values separated by comma in
the same header with the same meaning as varios headers with same name and
single values. But this depends on each header specification.

In your case it seems valid for me (just an opinnion) as
"HTTP_X_FORWARDED_PROTO: http,https" could mean that the request has been sent
using HTTPS and an intermediary proxy has forwarded it using HTTP. Of course
the final destination (Unicorn application) must be ready to support such

Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>