Unicorn and HAProxy, 500 Internal errors after checks

russell muetzelfeldt russm-rubyforge at slofith.org
Sat Dec 4 20:04:52 EST 2010

On 05/12/2010, at 10:38 AM, Eric Wong wrote:
> Pierre <oct at fotopedia.com> wrote:

>>> Hi, you started writing an HTTP message ("quit" can be a valid HTTP
>>> method name) and disconnected; don't do that.
>>
>> No, quit is typed in the telnet console and not in the network stream.
>
> Are you sure?  With my telnet, "quit" definitely goes out to the server
> since you're already connected.

he connects, then sends an escape ("^]") to the telnet process, then types "quit" at the prompt the telnet process shows to tell the local telnet process to close the connection.

the connection *might* see some traffic in attempted telnet option negotiation (unless the server end initiates that - I forget), but the "quit" string isn't transmitted to the remote end.

cheers

Russell