Unicorn and HAProxy, 500 Internal errors after checks

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Thu Dec 2 12:41:30 EST 2010

Pierre <oct at fotopedia.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Eric Wong <normalperson at yhbt.net> wrote:
> > Also, I
> > can not recommend HAProxy unless you're certain all your clients are on
> > a LAN and can be trusted to never trickle uploads nor reading large
>
> While I understand that uploads are very complicated to handle on the
> stack (even nginx can be confused at upload sometimes), HAProxy proved
> it was very good at managing tons of connections and high volume
> traffic from the Internet. All the more so as it allows a very high
> level of redundancy at a very small cost that cannot be achieved
> simply otherwise. Do you have any pointers about your worrying
> non-recommendation of HAProxy ?

On a related note, LWN has a new article[1] explaining the large body
POST problem (more than a year since Slowloris, and ~3 years after
the largely-unknown david[2]).

[1] http://lwn.net/Articles/418017/ (subscribers)
    http://lwn.net/SubscriberLink/418017/1e63e408f34b5d68/ (non-subscribers)
[2] http://git.bogomips.org/cgit/david.git