Unicorn and HAProxy, 500 Internal errors after checks

Lawrence Pit lawrence.pit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 19:42:19 EST 2010

> HAProxy starts writing request bodies to Unicorn as soon as the upload
> starts,

Is that also true when the nginx upload module is used? (assuming nginx
sits between HAProxy and the unicorns, otherwise it doesn't make sense
anyways). Unicorn is only hit after the complete upload is finished by
nginx. I would assume this wouldn't be different if HAProxy is put in
front of all the nginx servers.

> AFAIK, HAProxy also does not yet maintain keep-alive connections to
> clients, whereas nginx does. Keep-alive is important to client browsers,
> they can halve their active connections to a site if keep-alive is
> supported.

keep-alive options are in HAProxy since 1.4

There is further new development on this front if you're using SSL. See
the first quick news section at http://haproxy.1wt.eu/ :

"The main advantage over the x-forwarded-for patch is that it now
supports keep-alive"

Lawrence