Unicorn and HAProxy, 500 Internal errors after checks

Pierre oct at fotopedia.com
Wed Dec 1 12:02:35 EST 2010

Hi,

> Any specific reason you're using HAProxy for Unicorn?

Indeed, we have two front load-balancers instances running HAProxy and
several backends running Unicorns. We use HAProxy to amortize part of
the load and load-balance / failover between all the backends. We
especially use the leastconn feature of HAProxy that ensure that the
less powerful backends are queried less often. As we run on EC2
virtual machines, this feature has the please to help us maintaining a
good QoS.

Cheers,
--
Pierre <oct at fotopedia.com>