Unicorn and home_run

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Tue Aug 24 15:58:13 EDT 2010

Clifton King <cliftonk at gmail.com> wrote:
> I got a "The message's content type was not explicitly allowed" when trying
> to send an email to the group.

Hi, we only allow plain text and patches on the mailing list, no HTML.

> > From: Clifton King <cliftonk at gmail.com>
> > To: mongrel-unicorn at rubyforge.org
> > Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:21:49 -0500
> > Subject: Unicorn and home_run
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I was trying to get home_run (a C-based Date/DateTime implementation)
> > working with Unicorn http://github.com/jeremyevans/home_run, but using
> > home_run --install then running unicorn_rails would crash with the following
> > stack trace on a Ruby 1.8.7 CentOS staging server:
> > http://pastie.org/1111144
> >
> > I believe this has to do with the order in which ruby's default libraries
> > are loaded when running unicorn_rails. Jeremy Evans (home_run's author) is
> > available to answer any questions specific to his libraries.

Are you starting it with "home_run unicorn_rails" or did you install
it system-wide?

Jeremy: would it be easier for home_run to just require the core-Ruby
classes first and then monkey patch the methods individually?  I haven't
gotten a chance to look into home_run myself much.