javascript disappears

Jimmy Soho jimmy.soho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 19:38:08 EDT 2010

Hi All,

When I deploy new code I always go through the USR2 - QUIT process.
However, after a few deployments it seems our base javascript file is
missing. I've experienced this a few times now. We use rails 2.3.8,
and have something like this in our layouts file:

<%= javascript_include_tag 'webtoolkit', 'jquery', 'jquery.metadata',
'jquery.url_utils', 'jquery.form', 'jquery.hotkeys',
'jquery.livequery', 'application', :cache => 'base'  %>

When it's missing it doesn't matter how often I kill with USR2 / QUIT,
it won't appear. If I stop the unicorn master process completely and
then start again, then it does create the base.js file again.

Anyone experienced this as well?  Anyone know what could be the reason for this?

Jimmy