[ANN] unicorn 0.93.0

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Fri Oct 2 17:44:21 EDT 2009

More small fixes and documentation improvements in this release, things
have settled down a lot since 0.90.0 in August and we've mainly been
focusing on documentation, minor UI improvements and the occasional
minor bugfix as they get reported.

  The one minor bugfix is only for Rails 2.3.x+ users who set the
  RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT environment variable in a config file.
  Users of the "--path" switch or those who set the environment
  variable in the shell were unaffected by this bug.  Note that we
  still don't have relative URL root support for Rails < 2.3, and
  are unlikely to bother with it unless there is visible demand
  for it.

  New features includes support for :tries and :delay when
  specifying a "listen" in an after_fork hook.  This was inspired
  by Chris Wanstrath's example of binding per-worker listen
  sockets in a loop while migrating (or upgrading) Unicorn.
  Setting a negative value for :tries means we'll retry the listen
  indefinitely until the socket becomes available.

  So you can do something like this in an after_fork hook:

      after_fork do |server, worker|
        addr = "{9293 + worker.nr}"
        server.listen(addr, :tries => -1, :delay => 5)

  There's also the usual round of added documentation, packaging
  fixes, code cleanups, small fixes and minor performance
  improvements that are viewable in the "git log" output.

* site: http://unicorn.bogomips.org/
* git: git://git.bogomips.org/unicorn.git
* cgit: http://git.bogomips.org/cgit/unicorn.git/
* list: mongrel-unicorn at rubyforge.org
* nntp: nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.ruby.unicorn.general
* finger: unicorn at bogomips.org