Log File Location

Dylan Stamat dstamat at elctech.com
Wed Nov 18 22:25:38 EST 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Michael Guterl wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:06 PM, Preston Marshall
> <preston at synergyeoc.com> wrote:
>> This may be a dumb question, but where can I see the error logs that are
>> usually displayed when unicorn is not daemonized?  The production.log file
>> is empty in my app.  Everything is currently running as root.
>
> I'm not sure where the logs are directed by default, but I set their
> location in my unicorn config like so:
>
> stdout_path '/home/deploy/public_html/rm/current/log/unicorn.log'
> stderr_path '/home/deploy/public_html/rm/current/log/unicorn-error.log'
>
> More information here: http://unicorn.bogomips.org/Unicorn/Configurator.html
>
> Best,
> Michael Guterl

I ended up doing something like:

unicorn_logger = Logger.new("/home/xxxxxx/current/log/unicorn.log")
unicorn_logger.formatter = Logger::Formatter.new
logger unicorn_logger

... but, I think you can do this as well:
Configurator::DEFAULTS[:logger].formatter = Logger::Formatter.new

See:  http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/mongrel-unicorn/2009-November/000147.html

==
Dylan