unicorn, rails, and symlinked deployment

Michael Guterl mguterl at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 12:50:16 EST 2009

First let me say thanks for Unicorn, it has helped us fill a gap that
Passenger could not fill.

Like many using Rails, we use capistrano for deployment.  At the end
of each deployment we use the standard capistrano deploy:cleanup task
to remove old releases.  Everything is fine until we cleanup the
release directory from which unicorn_rails was originally launched.
When this happens we get an error in our unicorn error log.

reloading config_file=/home/deploy/public_html/rm/releases/20091116213921/config/unicorn.rb
error reloading
config_file=/home/deploy/public_html/rm/releases/20091116213921/config/unicorn.rb:
Errno::ENOENT No such file or directory -
/home/deploy/public_html/rm/releases/20091116213921/config/unicorn.rb

I'm sure I'm not the only who has experienced this.  Does anyone have
any recommendations for handling this situation?

Best regards,
Michael Guterl