Logging

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Thu Nov 5 18:49:45 EST 2009

Dylan Stamat <dstamat at elctech.com> wrote:
> Is there a standard approach for logging when using unicorn_rails?
> Is it just a matter of specifying std_err/std_out, or setting the logger
> in a unicorn.rb?

Both work, I think most folks just set their stderr/stdout_paths and
leave logger as-is unless they're logging to syslog or a network device.
Unicorn itself doesn't log a lot, but you can use Rack::CommonLogger or
Clogger into your Rails/Rack middleware stack to do request logging.

Any File objects with sync=true and opened with the append flag will get
reopened with the USR1 signal including the log files Rails sets up
by default.