unicorn.git news for 2009.11.01

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Sun Nov 1 15:57:32 EST 2009

I've pushed out a handful of portability fixes to allow all the tests to
pass under FreeBSD 7.2 (1.8.7-p174 and 1.9.1-p243).  Hopefully these
fixes extend to other *BSDs out there, too.  Please let us know if there
are any other issues I've missed and we can work on them together.

All of the issues were bugs with the test code rather than Unicorn
itself, so folks running 0.93.5 in production on FreeBSD 7.2 should be
fine already.

There are also some small cleanups and one new feature.

Eric Wong (9):
      cleanup: avoid redundant error checks for fstat
      test_helper: connect(2) may fail with EINVAL
      GNUmakefile: fix non-portable tar(1) usage
      tests: provide a pure Ruby setsid(8) equivalent
      more portable symlink awareness for START_CTX[:cwd]
      test_signals: avoid portability issues with fchmod(2)
      cleanup error handling and make it less noisy
      Do not override Dir.chdir in config files
      configurator: add "working_directory" directive

* git://git.bogomips.org/unicorn.git
* http://git.bogomips.org/cgit/unicorn.git
* http://unicorn.bogomips.org/HACKING.html