"unicorn -D" always returns 0 "success" (even when failed to load)

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Mon Dec 28 19:17:00 EST 2009

Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:
> El Lunes, 28 de Diciembre de 2009, Eric Wong escribió:
> > Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net> wrote:

> > > Hi, I attach a minor patch to make the error more verbose when Unicorn
> > > cannot listen in a socket.
> >
> > Hi, it seems like you didn't attach the patch.
>
> Ops, usually my mail client (Kmail) warns me when I write tha word "attach"
> but attach nothing... not sure why it didn't it this time.
>
> > Attaching patches is
> > strongly discouraged, though, inline patches are far easier to
> > review/edit/apply.
>
> Ok, here it's (note that it's done over 'ready_pipe' branch):

Thanks, applied with your name and pushed out to both ready_pipe and
master in unicorn.git

> --- unicorn.rb.orig     2009-12-28 21:02:47.000000000 +0100
> +++ unicorn.rb  2009-12-28 21:11:12.000000000 +0100

It should be easier to make a commit using git and then just
"git format-patch -M" to output it, proposed commit message and all.

In the HACKING doc, I've been recommending people follow the
SubmittingPatches document distributed with git when submitting
patches to Unicorn:

 http://git.bogomips.org/cgit/mirrors/git.git/tree/Documentation/SubmittingPatches