Do we let Nginx to handle response Transfer-Encoding?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Sun Dec 27 14:58:33 EST 2009

Hi, I've checked that in case my Rack application (under Unicorn) doesn't set
"Content-Lentgh" neither "Transfer-Encoding", then Nginx automatically adds
"Transfer-Encoding: chunked" to the response (and edits the body properly to
be in chunked format).

However Unicorn is sending a response with body but without "Content-Lentgh"
or "Transfer-Encoding", so IMHO it's incorrect according to RFC 2616.

So, should my Rack application handle this stuff? or is it better if I let
Nginx "fixing" it for me?

Thanks a lot.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>