How to override "Worker#proc_name" method?

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at
Wed Dec 23 07:42:28 EST 2009

El Miércoles, 23 de Diciembre de 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:
> Hi, I'm trying to override Unicorn::HttpServer::Worker#proc_name method.

I want to do it because by default Unicorn processes are called as:

  unicorn worker[0] -E production -c unicorn.conf.rb

Unfortunatelly netstat takes the last word and shows "":

  ~# netstat -putan | grep ""
  tcp   0   0*   LISTEN   31575/

This is not very good for the case in which the user/admin wants to know in
which port the process is listening so it does:

  ~# netstat -putan | grep "unicorn"

and gets nothing.

Of course this is more an issue of "netstat" and how it determines to display
the process name. However I would like to override the way unicorn displays
the process name (without changing unicorn code).

Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at>