[Mongrel-development] Mongrel for 1.9, for real?

Evan Weaver evan at cloudbur.st
Tue Jul 7 20:11:51 EDT 2009

Cursory view looks like the stable-1.2 branch had mostly packaging
changes (many for Windows) and Rack support. Agree with ignoring
Rack/threading in the interests of having a quick release.

To be clear, I did not merge the stable-1.2 branch into fauna/spinoff.
Stable-1.2 branch is dead and fauna/spinoff is my new HEAD based on
your's and Matt Aimonett's.

Evan

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 5:06 PM, Luis Lavena<luislavena at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Evan Weaver<evan at cloudbur.st> wrote:
>> http://github.com/fauna/mongrel/tree/spinoff
>>
>> Ragel 6.5 builds, and tests pass on 1.8 and 1.9, except for:
>>
>> test_deflate(HandlersTest):
>> Zlib::DataError: incorrect header check
>>    /Volumes/Projects/fauna/mongrel/test/test_handlers.rb:109:in
>> `block in test_deflate'
>>
>> Which I don't understand right now.
>>

> Me neither, since tested manually Zlib at IRB and the deflating worked
> without the header.
>
>> Go nuts with the packaging; I'm still not sure what you're trying to
>> accomplish exactly.
>>

> I'm trying to simplify the building and release of new gems. MinGW
> didn't work with 1.1.5 and catching up and build new releases for
> Mongrel got stuck in 2007/08.
>
> What I'm trying: allow mongrel "run" on 1.9, next version (1.2 or 2.0)
> can go nuts and do Rack and proper threading on 1.9...
>
> Right now, we just need it to "work".
>
> --
> Luis Lavena
> AREA 17
> -
> Perfection in design is achieved not when there is nothing more to add,
> but rather when there is nothing more to take away.
> Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Evan Weaver