[Mongrel-development] [ANN] Unicorn: UNIX+localhost/LAN-only Mongrel fork

Eric Wong normalperson at yhbt.net
Mon Feb 23 20:03:44 EST 2009

Eric Wong <normalperson at yhbt.net> wrote:
> > Ezra Zygmuntowicz <ezmobius at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 	Seems to work as advertised so far, cool stuff ;) One suggestion, folks
> > > are pretty standardized on rack and config.ru files these days. I'd much
> > > rather see unicorn look for a APP_ROOT/config.ru to load as its config
> > > file rather then the eval that returns a hash style it uses now.
> >
> > Ezra, thanks for testing and feedback.  Good point about config.ru,
> > I'll try to make that change hopefully today to make it easier to
> > migrate from existing Rack apps.
>
> I just pushed out the following changes.
>
>   * revamp configuration with Configurator DSL
>   * Replace unicorn binary with something rackup-like
>   * GNUMakefile: revamp for parallel 1.8/1.9 runs
>   * test_exec: fix for temporary files not being cleaned
>   * Fix+test reexec error handling on bad inputs

<snip>

> Basically the latest push includes config.ru compatibility and new test
> cases in test/exec/test_exec.rb for binary reexecution, listener
> inheritance, and reloading config files (even bad ones).
>
> This new config stuff is completely untested for any real apps and I'll
> need to update the examples soonish.  But the new test cases pass in
> both 1.9.1 and 1.8.7, which is a good sign.

Help...

I'm basically a very confused person and I'm having trouble deciding on
how/if config.ru should deal with the config file for Unicorn-specific
settings.  Or if the Unicorn-specific config file should be allowed to
specify/override config.ru...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
Eric Wong