[mocha-developer] Expect with "real world" returns?

Carl Mercier carl at carlmercier.com
Wed May 21 10:56:40 EDT 2008

I wish Mocha supported this "out of the box" with this syntax:

User.expects(:find).with(1)     # returns the "real" row from the
User.expects(:find).with(1).returns(mocked_row)  # returns a fake row

and to have something explicitly return nil (without running the real

It's probably too late to change the way .expects work right now,