[mocha-developer] Module stubbing methods?

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 05:07:44 EST 2008

On 22/02/2008, James Mead <jamesmead44 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ken,
>
> Your message got bounced by mailman - I'm guessing it didn't like your p7s attachment, but I'm not really sure.
>
> I'm re-posting to the list on your behalf...
>
>  On 22/02/2008, Ken Collins <ken at metaskills.net> wrote:
>
> >   I found myself wondering about this when I needed to stub a helper
> >  method that test weather a rails app is in production mode or not. Has
> >  anyone run into Module stubbing needs at all and or is it a
> >  possibility that Mocha could do some ruby-fu to accomodate an
> >  any_instance style behavior on them?
> >
> >  General thoughts?
> >

> >    - Thanks,
> >       Ken

Oops. Not sure what happened with the font size - sorry.

I think you can already do what you want. I've tried to write some
explanatory examples [1].

The key is that you need to stub module instance methods directly on
the *instance* which extends the module, rather than on the module
itself.

I hope that helps.
http://tumble.floehopper.org

[1] http://pastie.caboo.se/155858