[mocha-developer] New error?

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 09:34:33 EST 2008

On 06/02/2008, Ned Wolpert <ned.wolpert at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I use the head of Mocha... so my tests auto-update to the lasted
> and execute on svn checkins. I need to track Mocha back to 251 because
> after this error, tests just stop...
> It seems like when my rails environment is loaded (Rails 2.0.2) the
> mocha_setup doesn't occur so 'mockery' doesn't get built in the
> mocha_setup. Again, no clue why. Runs fine within just a ruby call and
> the library without the rails framework... so something isn't playing
> well there it seems.

I've just created a fresh Rails project using Rails 2.0.2. I added the Mocha
plugin from HEAD (revision 254).

I added the following unit test...

require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../test_helper'

class TempTest < Test::Unit::TestCase

  def test_me
    assert true

When I run this test, I get the following output (i.e. the test passes)...

$ ruby test/unit/temp_test.rb
Loaded suite test/unit/temp_test
Finished in 0.025527 seconds.

Can you tell me if *anything* I've done sounds different from you? e.g. are
you using fixtures?

The call to require 'stubba' is not necessary and should make no difference.

Running script/about gives the following output...

$ script/about
About your application's environment
Ruby version              1.8.6 (i686-darwin8.10.3)
RubyGems version          0.9.4
Rails version             2.0.2
Active Record version     2.0.2
Action Pack version       2.0.2
Active Resource version   2.0.2
Action Mailer version     2.0.2
Active Support version    2.0.2
Application root          /Users/jamesmead/projects/temp
Environment               development
Database adapter          mysql

Settings in test/test_helper.rb are the defaults...

  self.use_transactional_fixtures = true
  self.use_instantiated_fixtures  = false
  fixtures :all