[mocha-developer] Mocking class methods: documentation suggestion

Ken Harris kengruven at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 17:15:39 EDT 2008

Hi James,

A nice user-friendly error message would cover 99% of it.  Truth be
told, people (including me, I'm not ashamed to say) often don't even
look at the docs until something goes wrong, and if it went wrong by

    "RuntimeError: you need to call mocha::setup_some_stuff if you
want to use mocks outside of a TestCase!  --love, mocha.rb"

then the docs wouldn't really have mattered.

Perhaps since the docs are largely by-example, we could just add
another example, "Using Mocha outside of TestCase".  It would be about
5 lines long.  :-)

- Ken