[mocha-developer] Beyond multiple return values

James Moore jamesthepiper at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 19:47:07 EDT 2007

On 3/12/07, James Mead <jamesmead44 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree it's not very object-oriented, but I'd be happy to sacrifice this
> for readability. Readability is very important to me.
> Thanks for responding - it helps to know why you think it would be
> intrusive.

How about this: it's not predictable.  I think what you're saying is that
you'd like to add Test::Unit::TestCase#raises, but that only works when
you're creating stuff inside a test method.  Does that mean creating return
values outside of a test is going to look very different than creating them
inside a test?

It also seems vulnerable to namespace clashes - seems like if you have a
good argument for adding Test::Unit::TestCase#raises, so can someone else,
for some other test-related library, and they're not going to play well

(I'm not wildly opposed to this, it's just feeling like there's a better way

 - James Moore