[mocha-developer] Rails functional testing and Mocha

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 06:15:19 EST 2007

Hi Fred,

It's great to see you playing around with the internals of Mocha. I hope
you've been having fun!

I use the same technique that David describes (although I'd probably stub
the call to find not expect it, because its a query not a command).
In fact I rarely use the any_instance form of stubbing. It feels a bit
dirty!

I don't think we'd want to incorporate the change you're suggesting, because
(as you say) its a bit ActiveRecord-specific and there is an alternative.

Is there anything you don't like about the technique David suggests (i.e.
stubbing the find method)?