[mocha-developer] advice on new failures with 0.5.0

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 14:32:25 EDT 2007

Hi Justin,

I just tried to reproduce your error...

require 'test/unit'
require 'rubygems'
require 'mocha'

class MyTest < Test::Unit::TestCase

  class DataMonitor
    def toggle_notification!

  def test_me
    DataMonitor.any_instance.stubs(:toggle_notification!)
    DataMonitor.new.toggle_notification!

This seems to work fine for me.

Can you try to distil one of your failing tests down to make it as simple
and self-contained as you can, but still exhibiting the error? We need to
reproduce the bug before we can fix it.

Also can you tell us how you are including Mocha in your project? e.g. Rails
plugin, Ruby gem, etc.

Sorry about the missing release notes - I'll try and get that sorted asap -
in the meantime this blog post pretty much covers it -
http://blog.floehopper.org/articles/2007/06/08/mocha-0-5-released.