[mocha-developer] Test errors without verification

Zach Moazeni zach.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 23:52:07 EDT 2007

(Sorry if anyone receives duplicates, I'm not sure if the first one
was successfully sent)

I'm not sure if this is by design, but I've stumbled across this a
few times trying to debug my own tests. If an assertion fails the
test, and a missing mock expectation was to blame, the test's
failure / error messages don't give enough info. I've had to resort to

def teardown

which just gets tedious.

I've created a patch against trunk v164 and included it below.

def test_something
     mock = mock("some mock")
     flunk # or fail

I'm expecting to get both the flunk / fail message AND the Mocha
expectation failure.

It's a very minor change, but I'm interested in what you guys think,