[mocha-developer] flex mock?

Kevin Clark kevin.clark at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:20:31 EST 2007

Hi Greg,
Flexmock was removed form Rails just before 1.2 was released. It had
been bundled for a while, but I think most people don't use mocks
unfortunately, and Mocha was gaining acceptance with the rails
internals developers. I started using it in rails-core a few months
ago and the usage has only grown since.

Initially, the reason to use mocha over flexmock was the stubbing
capability (Flexmock didn't get this until 0.4.0). Now I use it
because I prefer the syntax.

Kev

On 2/8/07, Greg Hauptmann <greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Would you mind if I ask how Flex Mock and Mocha sit together?  They compete
> directly?
>
> I read that Flex Mock was built into Rails 1.2.  Is there a reason to use
> Mocha instead of Flex Mock?
>
> Tks
> Greg

Kevin Clark