[mocha-developer] how does Mocha compare in terms of classical vs mock-based testing, and stubbing???

Greg Hauptmann greg.hauptmann.ruby at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 23:17:18 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I've just been reading Martin Fowler's article re mock versus
he compares traditional TDD testing techniques with mock based
testing. I'd be interested in comments from a ruby on rails perspective in
terms of this and Mocha?  For example:

a) Do you see Mocha as a robust way to test Ruby on Rails based apps?

b) Why would one use Mocha over traditional non-mock object based testing
for Ruby on Rails?

c) Is Mocha a good choice for stubbing out other components that the rails
app may interact with, for the purpose of testing?