[mocha-developer] Preview of Latest Mocha Changes

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:21:46 EDT 2007

I've finally managed to find some time to do some serious work on
Mocha. There are some code snippets on my blog
(http://blog.floehopper.org/articles/2007/04/12/preview-of-latest-mocha-changes)
showing the new functionality available in trunk (revision 128). I
don't don't know how many people out there are using trunk, but it
would be great to get some feedback on these changes before I make a
new release. In particular I'd like to know whether…

- I've broken anybody's tests.
- Anybody has a legitimate use for parameter_block in Expectation#with
that they don't think will be handled by a suitable parameter matcher
i.e. using the current behaviour where the block is passed the
parameters and the result of the block determines whether the
expectation matches. I'm planning on deprecating this soon.
- Anybody has a legitimate use for passing in an instance of Proc to
Expectation#returns i.e. using the current behaviour where the Proc
gets executed to generate a return value. I'm planning on deprecating
this soon as well.

Thanks for all your ideas and suggestions.