[mocha-developer] [Rails] Re: Using rspec and mocha

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 08:08:35 EDT 2006

> Thanks for looking into this for me.  With your fix, I managed to run
> specs fine.  The one problem I've run into has to do with
> transactions.  I'm getting the "WARNING: There is already a
> transaction in progress"..."WARNING: There is no transaction in
> progress" messages.  That's occurring because the transactions look
> like
> If I remove the mocha plugin then it doesn't happen.  I looked through
> all the mocha code and there was nothing that mentioned a transaction.
> I turned off transactional_fixtures in test_helper, figuring mocha
> might somehow use that, but it didn't change anything.
> rspec ought to be handling all the transactions since it's my testing
> framework.  Any idea why the inclusion of mocha would try to start a
> new transaction?
> Again, thanks for your help.
> Pat

Hmm. Mocha definitely doesn't do anything with the database, let alone
transactions. I imagine it must be something to do with Rails' TestCase and
transactional fixtures. I'm not in a position to investigate this properly
at the moment, but I'll try and have a look later today.

BTW - it might be better to move this thread over onto the Mocha list <
mocha-developer at rubyforge.org>