[mocha-developer] ActiveRecord Validations - validates_uniqueness_of

Chris Roos chrisjroos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 18:02:33 EDT 2006

Good question actually.

The Person class methods will get executed during class read time
(i.e. when we first require Person).  Before double checking that, I
thought we might be able to do the following.

Person.expects(:validates_uniqueness_of).with(:email)

However, the first mention of Person parses the Person class, meaning
the expectation is not satisfied.  You can force it to re-read by
requiring relative to your test (i.e. add require
'../../app/models/person' below the expectation).

I remember James working on something that deals with exactly this
situation but I can't remember off hand what state it's in - James?

Chris