[mocha-developer] A quick guide to Mocha

Anselm Heaton anselm at netuxo.co.uk
Fri Sep 8 12:35:15 EDT 2006

Hello :)

Having just gone through the (admittedly simple) API of Mocha to learn
how it works, I wrote a quick guide (190 lines) to help others get up to
speed. I've attached it as RDOC and as HTML.

It is a first draft - please help me improve by giving feedback !

Contents :
Overview - Quick overview of Mocha
Unit testing, mock object and stubs - Very quick introduction to mock
objects and stubs
Example with Mocha - The core of the guide ; shows how to use Mocha with
a continuing example
The Mocha library - How the library is structured
Mocha tips - Some tips I would've found useful at first :)

Netuxo Ltd
a workers' co-operative
providing low-cost IT solutions
for peace, environmental and social justice groups
and the radical NGO sector

Registered as a company in England and Wales. No 4798478
Registered office: 5 Caledonian Road, London N1 9DY, Britain
email office at netuxo.co.uk