[mocha-developer] Slimmed down version for inclusion in Rails?

Kevin Clark kevin.clark at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 17:12:44 EDT 2006

I'm pushing a major overhaul in testing the Rails codebase. Mocha and
stubba make my life easy so that's what I'm using. The first major
patch using them is in RailTies
(http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/5970) now. I spoke to DHH today
about using it in the other libraries and I think it'll be ok, but
they really want to include as little code as needed. I haven't used
AutoMocha yet. From what I've read I don't think I'll need it in core.

How difficult would it be to pull Mocha and Stubba into their own
package for inclusion in Rails? Do either of them depend on AutoMocha?

Kevin Clark