[mocha-developer] Mocha, Stubba and RSpec

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 16:53:40 EDT 2006

On 25/10/06, Ed Howland <ed.howland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just gave a talk on Mocha and Stubba last night at the St. Louis
> Ruby Group. All my code examples were in RSpec, except for the last
> one which used stub(), which I generated in a normal
> Test::Unit::TestCase.

Cool. I hope it went well :-)

I'll check out the HEAD revision and see how to do it.

Great - let me know how you get on.

David C. on the RSpec team said in a comment on Jay Fields' blog that
> they were going to make RSpec pluggable for other mock frameworks,
> like yours and FlexMock. BTW, did you see how FlexMock is copying you
> now? Or at least jMock.

Yes, I saw the changes to FlexMock. It was good of Jim to credit Mocha in
his docs. His syntax is similar to some pre-Mocha stuff my colleague Ben
Griffiths did. Of course I prefer the Mocha syntax ;-)

David has explained the status with RSpec in another post on this thread.

Happy mocking.