[mocha-developer] Mocha, Stubba and RSpec

Ed Howland ed.howland at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 18:35:18 EDT 2006

On 10/25/06, James Mead <jamesmead44 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ed,
>
> Unfortunately I haven't had much time to work on Mocha recently. The work I
> have done most recently has been to make Mocha useable in the absence of
> Test::Unit. This should help with integrating with the more recent
> incarnations of RSpec. Take a look at the standalone_acceptance_test.rb file
> in HEAD (revision 70) for some ideas on how to hook into Mocha from a non
> Test::Unit testing framework. This is still a bit of a work in progress, but
> you might be able to get somewhere with it.
>
> --
Thanks, James

I just gave a talk on Mocha and Stubba last night at the St. Louis
Ruby Group. All my code examples were in RSpec, except for the last
one which used stub(), which I generated in a normal
Test::Unit::TestCase.

I'll check out the HEAD revision and see how to do it.

David C. on the RSpec team said in a comment on Jay Fields' blog that
they were going to make RSpec pluggable for other mock frameworks,
like yours and FlexMock. BTW, did you see how FlexMock is copying you
now? Or at least jMock.

Ed

Ed Howland
http://greenprogrammer.blogspot.com