[mocha-developer] Stubbing ActiveRecord Models gets very difficult with instance methods

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 07:45:47 EST 2006

Stubbing attributes sounds like a bad idea.
Turning instance methods into class methods for testing sounds like a bad idea.

We do choose to allow the database trip to determine model attributes.
In my opinion, it's not worth mocking this out.

Can you give a concrete example of an instance method you are having
problems testing? Examples are much easier to discuss without