[mocha-developer] public SVN dead?

James Mead jamesmead44 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 07:09:12 EST 2006

On 14/12/06, Tomas Pospisek <tpo2 at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Righty, right. I've tried:
>   svn checkout svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/mocha
> as documented here [1], but svn will just hang forever.

This works fine for me. Are you sure you aren't behind a firewall
blocking svn protocol? That's port 3690 I think. Are you able to
access other external svn repositories using the svn protocol?

> Accessing any of the following:
>   [svn|http[s]]://rubyforge.org/var/svn/mocha[/[trunk[/]]]
> either through the svn client or through a web-browser didn't work either. The
> svn client tells me:
>   $ svn checkout http://rubyforge.org/var/svn/mocha
>   svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/var/svn/mocha'
>   svn: PROPFIND of '/var/svn/mocha': 405 Method Not Allowed
> (http://rubyforge.org)
> whereas the browser returns a generic "Page Not Found" Page...
> Is rubyforge.org currently broken wrt the SVN repository?

AFAIK Rubyforge doesn't make svn repositories available over http, so
I'm not surprised these didn't work.

> PS: Thanks for the replies... - I've seen your reply in the mailing list
>     archive today by chance. A Cc: would be most perfect, since I wasn't
>     subscribed (and seem not to be able to either - I'm getting no feedback
>     from mailman. Could be a mail server config issue at my side) then and
>     the docu doesn't mention that mocha-developer at rubyforge.org is a
>     scription-based mailing list either... :-o

Hmm. I'll CC you on this email, but there shouldn't be any problem
subscribing. It would make it easier for me too if you did subscribe,
because if you don't I have to moderate your emails which means they
won't get such a quick response. I'll try to subscribe you myself and
see if that works (I hope you don't mind me taking this liberty).