Intermittent Internal 500 Error with mongrel

Will Prater lists-wp at mercurycloud.net
Fri Aug 1 17:41:18 EDT 2008

I'm having a very strange issue that is difficult to debug.  I've
tried running merb with $DEBUG = true and verbose logging mode.  When
we receive these 500 Internal Server errors, there is nothing
outputted to the logs to STDOUT.

I've tried running through proxy (apache, nginx) and also direct
mongrel.

I cannot seem to track the cause of the issue and it is very random,
does not appear to happen on any one action.

Any ideas for further debugging of the issue is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Will