Merbivore.com - Mockups

Geoffrey Grosenbach boss at topfunky.com
Mon Oct 15 12:50:08 EDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Luke Sutton <luke.sutton at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think the argument for 'Why Merb?' could be presented in a more
> visually interesting way — perhaps with some illustrations — but I
> didn't want to get carried away. After all, you guys might hate the
> design.
>
> So, what do you guys think?

I think it's cleanly designed and well done as a website, but I don't
think it communicates what Merb is about.

When I think of Merb, I think of

* Built for speed
* Lightweight but Powerful
* Minimal core code augmented with plugins

I think we need more of a scientific/industrial look and less of a
fun, pastel look. Maybe even black/white, but definitely more toward
the feel of your designs for DataMapper ( http://datamapper.org/ ).

We want people to look at merbivore.org for 5 seconds and feel that
Merb is solid, capable, and serious. It's not something to mix with
ammonia, unless you're wearing a gas mask.

And we also need Louie on there somewhere.

--
Geoffrey Grosenbach
boss at topfunky.com
PeepCode Screencasts